Monday, April 12, 2010
Wellness Post #1
Hello my name is R.J. Petrella. I am sixteen years old. I have a lot of fields of interests, and some of these include swimming, tennis, biking, running (sometimes), being outside, spending time with my family and friends, fishing, and sleeping. I also enjoy eating large amounts of food. Some of my favorite foods include pizza, cheeseburgers, steak, General Tso's Chicken, artichoke dip, cake, and cookies. Another thing that has always been important to me is music. I enjoy listening to music, and it has always been a big part of my life. I am a fan of all kinds of music. I have also played the piano since the age of two. I am able to play the piano by ear, meaning that I can hear a song and play it on the piano. Also, I do my best to maintain very high grades in school, and I set a high academic standard for myself. I have also experienced success in the sports that I have mentioned earlier. I have gone to states in swimming and tennis, and I have medaled in swimming four times. Many people ask if I favor one sport more than the other, and if I had to pick, it would probably be swimming. However, I enjoy playing tennis a lot as well, and I have been playing tennis as long as I have been swimming. In my free time, I love to watch movies and go on the computer. Some of my favorite movies include National Lampoon's Van Wilder, Avatar, Step Brothers, The Hangover, Transformers, Scary Movies 2 and 3, Saving Private Ryan, and Ferris Beuller's Day Off. Some of my favorite websites include Bored.com, Addictinggames.com, Failblog.org, and VeryDemotivational.org. Currently, I am taking a lifeguarding class because over the summer, I intend to work at Lake Shore Country Club (where I have been swimming since I was five) and Fairview High School as a lifeguard. However, I am not sure what jobs I would like to have in the future. I am thinking about being in a medical profession, but again, I'm not 100% sure (although I have been looking at a biomedical engineering major because of my strength in math and science). I am not sure where I want to go to college. Hopefully I can attend a school with great academics, but maintains a strong swimming or tennis program. However, academics take precedence over sports. In this class, I hope to play a lot of fun sports, learn about some ways to maintain my health, and become informed about diseases that can affect one's health. I enjoy blogging because it allows people so share their opinions without the pressure of being in a classroom setting, and it allows everyone to see everyone's opinion. Some of my life's goals include to attend a very respecatble college (possibly Ivy League), succeed in my sports, win states in swimming or tennis, find a loving wife, maintain a high-paying job, and live a very long life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment