R.J. Petrella
One decision making model I found was the rational decision making model. The steps in this model include indentifying the problem, generating alternative solutions, selecting the solution, and implementing/evaluating the situation. Another model that I found is the PLUS Model, which involves defining the problem, identifying alternatives, evaluating alternatives, making the decision, implementing the decision, and evaluating the decision. They are all similar in that they all involve making, analyzing, and looking over a decision. However they are all different in that the amount of steps are different, the way a decision is analyzed is different, and some models, especially the PLUS model, go into much more detail about one specific decision. All the models are effective, but I find that the Quadrant Decision Making Model is the most effective. This is because of the fact that it is simple, yet it takes one decision and forces one to analyze any possible aspects and conclusions that one may come to based on the decision.
Monday, May 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment